Ice Cube Withdrawn From ‘Oh Hell No’ Comedy Due To Vaccination Warrant, Source Says



[ad_1]

Ice Cube, set to star in the upcoming comedy Oh hell no, withdrew from the project after being asked to get the COVID-19 vaccine, an anonymous source told The Hollywood Reporter. According to the source, Ice Cube would have made $ 9 million working on the film alongside Jack Black.

The Sony film, due to start filming this winter in Hawaii, faced another hurdle earlier this year when Black injured himself while filming a stunt for the final episode of Conan. While Black remains with the project, the producers are now looking to replace Ice Cube, the source said.

The 52-year-old has also retired from his role in the boxing film Flint Strong earlier this year. It is not known why he left the project.

In July, Hollywood Guilds and Studios agreed that producers can demand vaccines for cast and crew in Zone A, the area on set where cast and crew work nearby. Still, some Hollywood members challenged the tenure.

Cube has not publicly opposed the vaccine. However, he has been a strong advocate for masks. In April, he sold T-shirts that featured a picture of himself wearing a face covering, Complex reports. “Check your car before destroying your car,” read the message on the shirts. Profits from the sales were donated to health workers.

The actor also donated 2,000 face masks to students at Bacone College in Muskogee, Oklahoma.

[ad_2]

Previous Sunrise Theater Hosts Two-Part Gardening Film Series | Characteristics
Next Sustainable Film Series premieres Tuesday