Today, Events DC, the official convention and sports authority for the District of Columbia, announced a new partnership with Theater Washington, an alliance of regional theater companies and theater makers, on a series of short films featuring light the richness and variety of the theatrical community profession in Washington, DC.
Title Backstage at Helene hayes Awards, the three-part interview series debuts on December 8, 2021 on GATHER by Events DC, Events DC’s platform for live and on-demand programming from the worlds of culture, sports and entertainment. The films celebrate the safe and much anticipated reopening of the district’s theaters and offer an entertaining and personal look at the life that has made DC the second largest and most successful theater community in the country.
The series will start on GATHER by Events DC according to the following schedule:
- 12/08/21 – Episode 1: Roz White and William Knowles
- Roz White, actress, singer and artist-teacher with songwriter, performer and music director William Knowles discuss their shared history at #dcheatre, including MetroStage, Alexandria Virginia. Filmed at the historic Anacostia Playhouse in DC
- 12/15/2021 – Episode 2: Maria Manuela Goyanes
- Emika Abe, CEO of the Woolly Mammoth Theater in DC, chats with Maria Manuela Goyanes, the second artistic director of the Woolly Mammoth Theater Company, known nationally for producing new works and original productions
- 12/22/2021 – Episode 3: Debbie allen
- Interviews with Alicia Adams, Vice President of International Programming at the John F. Kennedy Center Debbie allen, dancer, director, actress, filmmaker and recent recipient of the Kennedy Center Honors and Emmy’s Governor Award
Theater Washington is the producer of the Helene hayes Awards and the only organization dedicated to supporting and representing all sectors of DC’s professional theater community. Supported by their efforts and the awareness raised by the Helene hayes Awards, Washington, DC’s professional theater community has grown from a handful of theaters and production companies in the 1980s to the 90s today.
The three-part series is the latest addition to the diverse program portfolio featured on GATHER by Events DC. It will captivate viewers looking for compelling and locally relevant on-demand content to enjoy anytime, anywhere.
For more information visit https://www.gatherbyeventsdc.com/series/backstage-at-the-helen-hayes-awards.